Cafe neutrino meeting minutes (19/05/2011)
Present: C. Hansen, O. M. Hansen, A. Ioannisyan, N. Charitonidis, E. Fernandez-Martinez
- Transition Radiation by neutrino (Ara Ioannisyan)
- News and Discussions (round table)
From C. Hansen,
Started studies of Amplitude Detuning simulations for Decay Ring.
From E. Fernandez-Martinez,
Writing a paper on dark matter signals from the sun by detecting neutrinos.
From O. Hansen,
Mapping the loss of the particles in the solenoids, to understand why the new magnet-geometry works better.
From N. Charitonidis,
Went to Malmo target-workshop (fragmented solid tungsten target studies for Neutrino Factory).
Full preparation for the tungsten experminent that hopefully will start this year.
From A. Blondel,
1. NA61/SHINE has released kaon production data and this seems to be the last stumbling stone towards
getting a very good flux determination for the experiment
2. there have been 2 very strong workshops on the short baseline (a la PSNF) at Gran Sasso two weeks ago
(slides can be found at http://beyond3nu.lngs.infn.it/) and at Fermilab last week
(slides can be found at https://indico.fnal.gov/conferenceDisplay.py?confId=4157)
3. the NEU2012 session at EUCARD plenary meeting in Paris was the occasion of lots of discussion. See slides
In preparation for the strategy process a Steering group /organizing committee was proposed to organize a
neutrino town meeting at CERN in december or January.
16th June 10am - next cafe-neutrino meeting (room tbc).
Minutes by C. Hansen